Events | 16 Sep, 2021
Fermentation Goodness Workshop by BOCAXICA
“Everything in this world ferments”
This workshop’s goal is to provide a means and resource to become comfortable with the vast bacterial and microbial world around us. By merging the understanding of various concepts and acknowledgement of the past that have brought us to the present, we can better link ourselves to today’s food and the ever-adapting-changing-developing-dissolving yet resolving food “cultures”. How can we form a better understanding of ourselves, where we’ve come from, and where we’re going to, through a world much larger than our own?
About this workshop:
Every culture has its fermentation culture. Before refrigeration era, people would transform produce available around them in various ways to preserve it. The adoption of fermented foods in everyday life is extensive and diversified. This workshop dives into the Korean’s way of cabbage preservation: to create Kimchi. The workshop will begin with a discussion on fermentation and a focus on the Korean traditions and history of fermentation. We will create various different Kimchis to eat with freshly prepared rice. We will then move into making Kimchiand Kombucha. All vegetables, condiments, kitchen supplies, and aprons will be supplied. Everyone will also be given a 850ml jar to fill with their Kimchi and Kombucha to bring back home. There will be a possibility of making both traditional kimchi with fish sauce and a vegan kimchi.
This course will be taught in English and takes 2-3 hours. Maximum capacity of 10 participants.
ENSURING THE SAFETY AND WELLBEING OF OUR COMMUNITY
WE FOLLOW ALL DGS RECOMMENDATIONS
- Most of our activities are organised outdoors
- We ask you to book in advance, ideally online or at Reception
- Places are limited to to ensure all safety conditions
- Please wear a mask to access the resort experiences
- We provide hand sanitizers in visible areas across the Resort
- We may measure your temperature or ask travel questions
- We request all participants to follow preventive measures, such as hand disinfection before and also during the lesson class
WE ARE BACK TO ON-SITE EXPERIENCES!