Events | 22 Jul, 2022
Macramé Initiation Workshop
Learn the basic techniques of this decorative art
Macramé Initiation Workshop by Desi Cornelisse from Jomo Handmade
Macramé – from the Arabic makrama "napkin" or "towel", is a manual weaving technique that consists of the use of knots originally used to create fringes and spreads on sheets, curtains, towels etc. Currently, it is gaining space in several places, as decorative items and even clothes.
In this Macramé Initiation Workshop you can learn the basic techniques of this decorative art, which consists of manual work with threads, ending up with a final piece – an elegant plant holder.
For those who want to learn or remember the techniques of Macramé, this workshop is the perfect opportunity, which you will certainly not want to miss!
In this workshop you will:
- learn how to prepare and start creating the piece
- know and tie basic macramé knots - lark knot and double knot
- learn and make intermediate macramé knots - spiral and faithful oblique turn"
Duration: 3 hours
ENSURING THE SAFETY AND WELLBEING OF OUR COMMUNITY WE FOLLOW ALL DGS RECOMMENDATIONS
- Most of our activities are organised outdoors
- We ask you to book in advance, ideally online or at Reception
- Places are limited to keep 3m distance between each participant
- We provide hand sanitizers in visible areas across the Resort
- For hygiene reasons no mats or equipment will be provided
CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU!