Events | 10 Aug, 2021
Traditional Portuguese Tile Painting Workshop
We are thrilled to feature this stunning workshop as part of Vale do Lobo Art Sessions: a selection of special art workshops and sessions led by artists from across the region including Portuguese tile painting, jewellery workshop, ceramic making and much more. All in a stunning, natural, art-inspiring setting of Vale Real. Join, fuel your creative side and take your own creations and memories back home. Family-friendly.
In this workshop you are going to develop the traditional technique of painting traditional Portuguese tiles from the XVII century with blue cobalt pigment, recreating tiles with single figures from both fauna and flora or other typical themes. You will be able to paint 3 different tiles, that will be then cooked and delivered to you in a maximum of a week time. No prior experience is required.
Your teacher will be a reputed local artist, that was born in France but lives and works currently in the Algarve. She has always developed aptitude for the arts. She graduated in Design from IADE in Lisbon and later attended a course of painting tiles and ceramics. She has her own studio of painting tiles and ceramics. She is also a teacher of creative ceramic courses and a passionate for ceramics. She also works with clay, which enables her to combine two of her passions: illustration and sculpture. Her most recent work is a tribute to the underwater world of the oceans, filled with treasures, where the details of the corals come to life in a subtle delicacy of shapes and textures.
Join us now!
ENSURING THE SAFETY AND WELLBEING OF OUR COMMUNITY
WE FOLLOW ALL DGS RECOMMENDATIONS
- Most of our activities are organised outdoors
- We ask you to book in advance, ideally online or at Reception
- Places are limited to to ensure all safety conditions
- Please wear a mask to access the resort experiences
- We provide hand sanitizers in visible areas across the Resort
- We may measure your temperature or ask travel questions
- We request all participants to follow preventive measures, such as hand disinfection before and also during the lesson class
WE ARE BACK TO ON-SITE EXPERIENCES!