Events | 03 Apr, 2022
Vale do Lobo SwimRun Showcase 2022 (POSTPONED)
NOTICE = Due to the adverse weather forecast for this Sunday, 20th March, we would like to inform you that the Vale do Lobo Swim Run Showcase 2022 (Try out) has been postponed to Sunday, 3rd April. We want to make sure we provide the best safety conditions for all participants, which is essential for the event to take place.
As part of the preparations for the first edition of the Vale do Lobo SwimRun 2022 event (which will take place on the 25th September), Vale do Lobo in collaboration with SwimRun Portugal invites you to take part in this rehearsal / reconnaissance training session on the 15km course in a very lively sports morning that aims to provide a new experience at the resort.
Swimrun is a relatively new sport that involves multiple transitions between open water swimming and running on the stunning trails that develop around Vale do Lobo. In a SwimRun event there are several swimming and running segments, with the particularity that there are no stops or changes of equipment from swimming to running and vice-versa.
- This event is open to all who wish to participate, however, it is essential that the swimmer has a good enough command of the swimming segment to be able to swim long distances in the sea
- This event will be filmed and images of swimmers will be captured for use in future events of this sport in Vale do Lobo
- The traffic rules in force apply and the athlete is responsible for his own safety and that of other passers-by. When the training takes place on the side of the road, the athlete must lean as much as possible against the kerb and follow in single file
- Water temperature between 17/18º
- The course will be about 15km
- Tide condition, all empty at 10:43 am
- Recommended material : 0,5 litres of water and nutrition reserve.
We will be available to clarify any doubts about the sport and the use of equipment: wetsuits, pull-bouys, footwear and possible use/loan of wetsuits.
- Registration is required for insurance purposes
- The event will begin at the Praça
- Each participant is responsible for its own safety and should take into consideration their own fitness levels in relation to the planned route
ENSURING THE SAFETY AND WELLBEING OF OUR COMMUNITY
WE FOLLOW ALL DGS RECOMMENDATIONS
Most of our activities are organised outdoors
- We ask you to book in advance online through the link provided
- Please wear a mask to access the resort experiences
- We provide hand sanitizers in visible areas across the Resort
- We may measure your temperature or ask travel questions
- We request all participants to follow preventive measures, such as hand disinfection before and also during the event
WE ARE BACK TO ON-SITE EXPERIENCES!